|Organisation sharing the GOP||
Related practices from PaSQ database
|Slovenian Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Committee (SKUOPZ), i.e. ”Slovenska komisija za ugotavljanje občutljivosti za protimikrobna zdravila – SKUOPZ||
|Clinical risk management
|Surveillance of Patient Safety
|In clinical microbiology laboratories and public health institutes, results of antimicrobial resistance surveillance are freely available online|
|Describe GOP objectives
1. Coordination and improvement of methods for antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST)
2. Nationwide surveillance of antimicrobial resistance with publication of results accessible to all (Internet)
3. SKUOPZ members provide national data for international surveillance of antimicrobial resistance (e.g. for EARS-Net Slovenia)
|Target population for AST methods: all clinical laboratories.
Target population for results of antimicrobial resistance surveillance (AMRS): all physicians
|Slovenian Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Committee (SKUOPZ) has members from all accredited clinical microbiology laboratories and national institute for public health – at meetings of SKUOPZ goals are determined and converted to detailed plans.
Plans are implemented by appointed members of SKUOPZ and appointed working groups (members from laboratories involved in SKUOPZ).
|Implementation tools available|
|Establishment of national antimicrobial committee in suitable organizational structure with goals and funding.
Appointment of members (human resources).
Organisational structure of committee and working groups settled
|In our model, costs are covered by member organisations (work for national goals, travel expenses for meetings, web-site).
Impossible to estimate, no experience.
|Method used to measure the results|
|– Method used to measure the results
1. Are AST methods nationally coordinated and implemented?
2. Are national results of AMRS published?
3. Are data for international surveillance provided?
|1. Coordinated implementation of yearly CLSI (Clinical and Laboratory standards Institute) changes and some new tests for AST. Some internal documents for transition from CLSI to EUCAST prepared.
2. Two publications, both accessible on Internet.
3. Data for EARS-Net provided
|Analysis of the results|
|1. Useful documents used in laboratories in practice.
2. National AMRS results (many bacterial species) accessible on Internet in national language.
3. Data used by EARS-Net
|Did you find implementation barriers?|
|Please describe implementation barriers|
|Yes: insufficient financial and human resources|
|Describe the strategies used to overcome the barriers (If needed)|
|Trying to find additional financial resources to ensure effective operation of the SKUOPZ|
|Other information about the GOP that you would like to add (Link or attached document)|
|There is no specified text here|