Understanding the history of medicine shows that thinking in the health care system has always existed in the health care system, but it has evolved in response to changes in the health of society and their causes and determinants, as well as development. principles of organization and financing of health care (2).
In Poland until the early 1990s, public health was understood as general health protection. All services must be provided by the state, as well as a whole range of non-medical problems that make up the environment and health.
In the case of centralized funding of the entire health care system, the term health care loses its basis, and in the world (until 1948 in Poland) a distinction was made between public organizations and health services – health care organizations and non-governmental organizations. , for the benefit of personal health.
The reform of health care financing in our country requires a clear reflection of the place, scope and organization of health care in the entire health care system (7, 10, 11, 13).
The health care system includes the following areas of activity:
- health care – medical medicine, rehabilitation medicine,
- health care – a set of health measures implemented by various sectors of socio-economic life,
- health care and health management structures,
- Sources and methods of financing all activities in the field of health care.
Objectives of the health care system:
- Meeting the individual needs of health, the most important of which are the needs arising from illness, disease, accidents, ie the need for health, but availability needs in health, which do not always exist in the system . opened quite early and satisfied on its own initiative.
- Ensuring collective health needs, ie life, work, housing, food, leisure and even illness, as well as all other aspects of collective life that minimize any risk of health loss.
This, in turn, indicates the need for two departments in the health care system:
- personal medical care, ie medical services,
- collective health care, ie health care (9).
Thus, a set of measures that make up the health of the population will inevitably enter the health care system and become its basis. The concept of health care consists of the following main components:
- protection against diseases – prevention and control of infectious diseases, socially significant non-communicable diseases and other diseases and disabilities of medical care;
- protection against natural and industrial harmful factors;
- protection against threats arising from unfavorable social conditions (poverty, social pathology, unemployment, etc.) in the framework of social policy and social assistance.