Traditional hospitals are divided into 4 types depending on the level of covid protection:
- Level I: Hospitals called buffer beds for patients with suspected coronavirus infection
- Level II: Hospitals treating COVID-19 patients, ie patients with a positive coronavirus reaction. They also care for patients suspected of being infected with the coronavirus
- Level III: Hospitals visited by COVID-19 patients (coronavirus positive), but the main reason for hospitalization is NOT COVID-19
Level IV: This combines tasks such as hybrid hospitals, such as level II and III hospitals. They coordinate care for COVID-19 patients in each province.
TRADITIONAL HOSPITALS (I, II, III, IV levels, GRAVE PROTECTION)
- Level I and II covid defense hospitals receive compensation for daily preparation for medical services, only for suspected patients and patients infected with the coronavirus. We are talking, for example, about the devices that had to be converted into a unit for the care of patients suspected and infected with the coronavirus.
Preparatory payment is compensation for lost income received by the hospital under the agreement with the NFZ by treating patients in this department at an extraordinary time. The amount of compensation is calculated on the basis of reimbursement of benefits paid by the National Health Fund to these hospitals in January and February 2020, ie the average for the pre-pandemic period
The following costs are excluded from the amount of compensation:
- medicines for chemotherapy, special nutritional foods used in medicines and drug programs,
- money transferred to cover the cost of raising doctors’ salaries
- services provided by nurses, obstetricians and paramedics on the basis of general rules.
- Hospitals with levels I, II and IV of covid protection for each additional bed (previously not funded by the National Health Fund) suffer from ARVI for patients suspected and infected with this bed. -CoV-2 virus.
- In addition, institutions with Levels II and IV protection of the cove will fund the availability of a ventilator for patients suspected and infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The payment for the availability of any additional fans not included in the contract of the hospital with the fund is PLN 200 per day.
- Hospitals of the third level of protection of Kovid receive compensation for readiness to provide medical services to patients with COVID-19. Payment for each bed registered in the register of entities engaged in medical activities is 40 PLN per day
- Level I, II and IV cavities receive 185 PLN for the stay of a patient suspected of being infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- Hospitals of the 2nd and 4th level of protection of COVID for the treatment of patients with COVID-19 receive 330 PLN / person per day, respectively, if the saturation is 95% or more, taking into account its saturation level. and PLN 630 / person at saturation less than 95% per day.
- For hospitalization of COVID-19 patients requiring mechanical ventilation outside the intensive care unit, Level 2 and 4 Covid Protection Hospitals receive 1154 PLN per day. If a patient with COVID-19 requires mechanical ventilation in the intensive care unit , hospitals with Level 2 and Level 4 protection receive between 919 PLN and 5298 PLN per day.
- Level III and IV covide protection devices for hospitalization of patients with COVID-19 requiring specialized treatment receive resources for this treatment on the basis of the GGS classification for special treatment services.
In addition to the funds for the treatment of patients with COVID-19 in the facilities of any level of protection of COVID, additional fees MUST BE ADDED.The cost of supplements to the salaries of medical staff is not included in the cost of treatment and training. They are a separate part of the costs covered by the National Health Fund . Their amount is specified in the decision of the Minister of Health to the Chairman of the National Health Fund dated November 1, 2020.
READ: Changes in Medic Coved: It gets bigger and more staff
Finished costs – based on AOTMiT analysis *
- Temporary hospitals receive 822.43 PLN per day for beds for COVID-19 patients.
- Temporary hospitals charge 3,773.70 PLN per day for one mechanical ventilation station for a patient with COVID-19.
- Temporary hospitals receive 18,299 PLN per day for their readiness to provide services at the reception point.
TREATMENT COSTS – Based on AOTMiT analysis
- 1026.40 PLN per day is charged for treatment of COVID-19 patients in temporary hospitals.
- They receive 4,321.14 PLN per day for the treatment of COVID-19 patients requiring mechanical ventilation.
The cost of treatment in temporary hospitals is not related to availability (preparation).
The availability and treatment rates of COVID-19 patients in temporary hospitals include additional funds to reimburse health workers, which are calculated at the cost of funds transferred from the National Health Fund after the end of the month. is reduced to the amount of remuneration, including benefits equal to 100% of the employee’s current remuneration or bonuses paid by the voivode (in respect of personnel assigned by the voivode in a temporary hospital).
Temporary hospitals do not receive compensation for lost income [ see section 1 , traditional hospitals – reimbursement]. After the initial period of operation of temporary hospitals, AOTMiT estimates the cost of preparation for treatment and treatment of COVID-19 patients in temporary hospitals on the basis of actual costs.